Monday, May 16, 2011

Weird Concept cars from Japan


The car above has got to be the strangest looking concept car I’ve ever seen. Usually concept cars will be overly sporty or invoke thoughts of raw power. It seems that for Japanese car makers, concept cars this year all invoke cartoonlike feelings.
The car above is being shown at the Tokyo auto show by Honda and is called PUYO. The name is meant to give the user feelings of softness. And the car is literally soft! The entire outer body of the car is made from a soft gel like substance. So it really is soft.
For more pics check out the article at Jalopnick: Tokyo Auto Show Preview: Honda PUYO Concept Car Has No Edges, Begs To Be Fondled
Not to be outdone, Nissan also has a cartoon car. They call theirs the Pivo 2. Check out this video of the car in action.

3 comments:

  1. Even though it's weird but still like the taste of japanese cars, I hope they can develop for japan used cars that they can turn it on to something new or fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may sound weird, but the blue car from the video is so cool! The robot sounds a bit funny, but all of it is too futuristic. The driver can ask it questions like: “Where’s the nearest parking lot?” and it will answer back with all the possible parking lots nearby with an advice of which one is the cheapest. That’s just some of the features of this car. I hope it will be available soon, because it’s definitely a step up in the automobile industry.

    Erwin Calverley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Erwin! The blue car is a must have! I'm still having some problems parking my car, so it'll be easier for me to park that one. Haha! Cool! I can imagine myself driving that. Is it available now? :)

    Infinitiofannarbor.com

    ReplyDelete